Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Unleashed Review

I saw this Jet Li movie today and although it was a bit corny in places it was saved by some great fight scenes and Morgan Freeman.

Hoskins is the bad guy and he is pretty slimy. Morgan Freeman's daughter is goofy and sweet. It's highly implausible to me that two New Yorker's would take in a weird stranger that bleeds all over the place and hides under the bed, but then having never been to New York, I will have to defer to real New Yorkers on that one.

I like that the gravity defying twirling was minimized a bit in the fight scenes. It works in fantasy stuff, but not so well when it's supposed to look real.

Jet Li fit well in his role. He is much better at being serious and even sad then Mr. Jackie Chan as comedy comes so natural to him.

Morgan Freeman is great as the mentor, and of course he has that wonderful voice.

Not Oscar material, but very entertaining. I give it 4/5acorns.

No comments: