Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Housekeeping Rant

I have a resolution to keep up with the housework enough so that if someone drops by I won't feel embarrassed and also to have a dedicated guest room.

So far, neither has materialized. I wonder how many women out there are embarrassed if their house is not clean when visitors come. At the rate I am going I will never have any guests.

I am not even making headway with my bedroom. My rubber-stamping in one corner, then my computer "multimedia" projects, then my beading desk, the all purpose gift wrapping, wall, and the "office" desk are covered with clutter. I wonder if there is a cure for this. Whenever someone asks me how I have time to make projects, I always reply that I don't clean house. I have noticed lately though, that I have made very few projects and still don't have a clean house. I also say repeatedly that my job interferes with my hobbies and also my cleaning. I have mother to thank for the irrational idea I have about dust. Apparently SHE was dusting all those baseboards, and ledges, and cleaning those window screens while I was growing up, and boy was I surprised to find out that those objects got dirty. I don't think I've fully recovered from that. (wink wink)

This will be a lifetime project for me, no doubt. Luckily, depending on how you look at it, this house has a ton of storage, and I can just keeping stuffing all the cupboards.

Wait, there was that other resolution I had to empty my bowl, ala Everyday Sacred, by Sue Bender.

Aaah, it is true how that saying goes, a woman's work is never done.

No comments: