Sunday, May 08, 2005

Finished Watching: Love Letters

I finally finished Love Letters, Episodes 9-16. I admit I fast-forwarded through some of it. All the big secrets come out. Dr. Jung, Woo jin's father confesses to his wife that he caused the death of her first husband, father of Friar Andrew and true love. He also confesses it to Friar Andrew (the other Woo jin) and when Andrew refuses to forgive him, he injects himself with a lethal substance and dies.

After Andrew returns from Italy, he finds out that there was a love letter from Eun ha, and they both find out that Woo jin stole it. Andrew is tormented about becoming a priest and loving Eun ha. Woo jin is tormented by his irrational love for Eun ha and can't let it go. Eun ha is tormented by her love for Andrew, who she thinks should become a priest, and of course her terminal illness.

Oh wait; did I mention her terminal illness? She has some kind of heart problem. She has decided not to take the risk of highly specialized surgery so she can enjoy her remaining 6 months with Andrew. Of course the kind of surgery she needs is highly specialized and done by Woo jin and his father, Dr. Jung. Before Dr. Jung offs himself, he leaves Woo jin a letter saying, don't make the same mistake I made with your mom and my old friend and by the way here's an operation I made up to save Eun ha.

Eun ha decides not to tell anyone about her surgery, so of course everyone finds out. I better not tell the ending.

The actors and actresses are all good in their parts. They all look so good. Korea looks chilly most of the time.

I give the series 3/5 acorns.

No comments: