Thursday, April 21, 2005

What I am watching now-Gormenghast

I finished watching the making of, and the first two of four episodes of Gormenghast, a BBC mini series based on novels by Mervyn Peak. The costumes and characters are wonderful so far. Christopher Lee, of Dracula fame, is terrific as Flay, loyal servant of the House of Gorm. The bad guy is really bad! The twin aunts go around like they are one and the white Crow is a nice touch. I can hardely wait to see what happens next. There is a lot of drama, and sadness, too.

OT: I am still stuck on the irrational thought about evil...that there is no true evil in this world. No wonder I can't think of a single word to represent it. The villain of Gormhengast, Steerpike, seems truly evil, to me, but the actor playing him says "...Steerpike's brilliant villainy simply stems from loneliness."

Hmmm, guess I have to add to my mantra statement: People do evil things out of ignorance and sickness...and loneliness. The search goes on. I'm ready to carve Let it go, tolerance and grace into silver...I'll start there.

No comments: