Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ruang talok Review

Hmm, only day 2 of this blog and I can see making this interesting and pretty is not as easy as I hoped. I have to figure out how to get pictures to show up.

I watched a Thai movie last night called Ruang talok. It was about a woman who gets fired from her job. She is one of 3 selected by putting numbered sticks in a container. Each employee shakes the container until one stick falls out. Then the boss calls out 3 numbers. She goes home to dream of suicide, but fate intervenes when she finds a ramen box full of money at her door. From there the bodies pile up. It ends with a Truman Capote quote:

"When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended for self-flagellation solely. "

I'll have to think on that one.

The acting is a bit corny and the dvd transfer is just soso, but the movie was entertaining and quirky. I liked the music but it will difficult to find the soundtrack as I don't read Thai at all!

No comments: