Sunday, August 14, 2005

WORK Rant, Waaaah!

I've been working at the same job for the same company for 25 years now, and I feel like I want to bolt! The benefits are good, the pay is good, the work was once very fulfilling and interesting and I have been blessed working with some very good people. But, the work load has changed and the technical advances have changed how I get through my day, and I just don't feel like making thoses changes. It has changed my day to drudgery. I adjust and then get told, oh, don't do it like that any more, here's the new way. Meanwhile the basic job itself is very demanding and still requires a lot of time, so the "adjustments" are just added on. Added on after work, before work, through lunch, yadayadayada. If one more "list" gets dropped on my desk...
Burnout. I know I've been there before and have worked through it, but I'm sick and tired of it and want to retire. The good news is that I can retire at the end of this year. That is the light at the end of the tunnel. The bad news is, is that I'm not sure I can fully retire. But, I'm going to find out!
The real question is, do I wanna quit cuz I just can't hack it? Or do I wanna quit cuz I have something better in mind? Or, do I need to have something better in mind? Cuz, work ain't doing it for me right now!

No comments: