Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Seabiscuit and Sin City Reviews

It was a hot one today. I actually did a few errands today and since once of them took me by Blockbuster, I rented some movies. I managed to watch two today and started the knitted mesh shopping bag, too.

1. Seabiscuit
In the 3-5th grade I was very interested in horses, and had read all of Walter Farleys books and most of Marqarite Henry's books, too. Seabiscuit and all those famous horse held such a high place in my memory, that I didn't want it ruined by a bad movie. So I put it off. It was a tear jerker. The story woven in to the facts of the horses's career no doubt is embelished, so I will leave it at that. The horses were so very beautiful in this movie, and the message was heartwarming. I'll give it a 3.5/5 acorns.

2. Sin City
This movie is made to look like a comic book and tells several tales that all come together in Sin City. I liked the way it was done. The stories were dark. I will give it a 4/5 acorns

No comments: