Sunday, November 13, 2005

On Clutter, the future and the Plan

I promised to stop thinking and watching all these movies, work, surfing the Net, blogreading and knitting are great ways to avoid it. However, I do get back to thinking about my next bracelet. It is going to be about my values. I suspect it is a long way off yet.

I gleaned this bit of wisdom surfing this am while looking for good feng shui sayings. The disussion was on the question, am I ready for a relationship? The recommendation is to answer these 3 questions in order.

Who am I?
Where am I going?
Who am I going with?

So here's the basic plan I've outlined. For the next 18 months, I plan to work on Who am I? and Where am I going. Why 18 months? I want to try and retire in 18 months. The great thing about these plans, is that they are mine. I can change them anytime I want :)

I'm starting with reducing clutter. Okay, I know, I've said that before. But I have some serious clutter. Part of the principle behind reducing clutter is to let go of attachments, emtpy that dish or plate, and find out who is hiding underneath and also find out who is out there. This could take more the 18 months, especially with the holidays upon me!

Some serious questions for me to contemplate: Do I sell the serger? Are Totoros useful to me? Am I ever going to make another basket?

And the biggest question of all is, can I give shopping for things I don't need?

No comments: