Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Descent, Review



The Descent is directed by the same man who did Dog Soldiers, but imo this movie is much more tense. In fact it scared the ba-jeezus out of me. I am crossing cave exploration off my to do list after watching this movie. I must have jumped and infact screamed a few times. I think I have indigestion now and don't feel sleepy at all even though it's past midnight here.

A group of women who enjoyed doing extreme sports together get together after tragedy has separated them for a while. They decide to go explore a cave, but the leader chooses new area without telling any of the other women, and it turns out to be a very, very bad idea.

It is supposedly filmed in Appalachia, and the mountains are green and beautful. I was half expecting the women to meet up with the boys from Deliverance, but it's much worse.

Not for the squeamish, but very well done. I'll rate it 4/5 acorns.

No comments: