Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Serenity, Review


I had a coupon for Borders so I got this DVD that was on the specials table. This is a movie made from the failed SciFi Channel series Firefly. I never watched Firefly so I thought, why not? Chance it!
I can't say I gave it a fair shake as I felt the need to work on a new hat while watching it and the mohair in the yarn kept making me sneeze.
There is the Milennium Falcon-like vessel and crew captained by Mal, maverick renegade, who pick up some odd characters and of course their life is never the same again. River Tam has all those quirky, psychic type powers AND she knows kung fu! This can be very handy in a fight against those zombie-like Reavers. David Krumholts of Numbers fame is Mr. Universe and he's very good at facts. Hmmm is he type cast?

IMBD gives both the series and this movie fairly high ratings. I will have to watch the series, although I hear it was cancelled in mid-plot, and while I like clifthangers, I don't like to wait forever. The movie didn't grab me that much. But like I said, blame the mohair.

I will give it 2/5 acorns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!