Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Meme

Stirrup-Queens have created this meme which can be done in two different ways. "Either you can do all seven categories and list two answers for every category (get it? It's 2007, so I'm playing on the two numbers: 2 and 7) OR you can choose two of the categories and list seven answers."

The categories:
Things you learned this year
People you met
Things you don't want to take with you into 2007
Things you want to hold close as you pass into 2007
Things you're looking forward to in 2007
Things that were life changing in 2006
Things you hope to accomplish by the end of 2007

(see--those are the seven categories. Now you can either give two answers for each category OR you can choose two from that list and give seven answers) Here is mine:

Things you learned this year-since the only thing I can remember I learned in 2005 was not to use my hand as a hammer, I tried to write some things down.
1. "We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." (Rachael Naomi Remens, Kitchen Table Wisdom)
2. "Real love doesn't make you suffer" (Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now)
3. Stop and identify the feeling before lashing out.
4. I'd rather go to Madison,WI in March then go on a guilt trip.
5. Life is short, and I must be present to win.
6. Even if I take a lot of pictures, I can't capture NOW.
7. Forgiveness is giving up all hope of a better past. I just have to let go of some things.


Things you're looking forward to in 2007
1. The 3 Ms-Malabrigo, movies and massages
2. Dropping my work schedule to half-time
3. Hanging with the knitting buddies at Mocha Java
4. Learning new things, but please not another craft!
5. Number two sons graduating from college
6. Another trip to the Great American Midwest
7. Using up my Christmas gift cards:)

I am also working on finding a way I feel comfortable contributing to the community beyond just contributing money. It is something that is hard for me. I am not an organizer. I can be judgmental. I don't like to commit. I think it as something to do with the unreasonable idea I identified a while back about my issue with perfection. Oh wait, this is a guilt trip and I'm not going there anymore!


Then of course there is the diet and exericse issues. It's always on my mind...one of these days...

If you read this entry, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: