Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Get a Fortune Cookie, Review The Good Shepard



Allen Dulles from the movie (Matt Damon)
The Good Shepard is a fictionalized drama based on the life of Allen Dulles, the first civilian director of the CIA. Let me say first this is a long movie. I went in at 3:15 and got out after 6pm. The beginning is hard to follow and the scenes jump back and forth in time. The story that unfolds is quite interesting and generated a lot of questions in my party about the Bay of Pigs and the Skull and Bones. Diniro directs and has a small part. Matt Damon plays an ice man, secretive all his life who makes great sacrifices for his beliefs, or do we really know why or if it was a sacrifice, he was that secretive. My sister did not like it that much, but I found it very interesting, but sad. I did not recognize Keir Dullea even though I knew ahead of time that he was in the movie. John Turturro who I just watched in Unstrung Heroes (a movie directed by Diane Keaton-yikes I digress!)was great as Dulles' sidekick.
I will give this movie 3/5 acorns and 1/2 of clive for some violence and being sad.

Enchanting Juno led me to this meme and it gave me a hoot. Try it!

My Fortune Cookie told me:
Your bathtub is full of brightly colored machine tools.
Get a cookie from Miss Fortune



My Fortune Cookie told me:
We are not anticipating any emergencies.
Get a cookie from Miss Fortune

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute cookies.

i will wait for that movie to come out on video (thank you for the review)!