Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday


Komyo ga Tsuji, the current NHK drama was very good tonight. In this episode Oda Nobunaga alienates Akechi Mitsuhide's son-in-law and even the charming Saru with Kazutoya and Mitsuhide cannot return him to the fold. It is interesting to see another possiblity in the story about what kind of men Mitsuhide and Nobunaga are. In almost all the shows about Nobunaga, he is made out to be ruthless, heartless and a bit nuts. Akechi has always appeared like a sniveling coward, but I have never seen his story in depth.

I also watched Hidalgo again. I couldn't resist Viggo Mortensen

Today I went for a walk with a fellow knitter and her poodles. I got 7 mosquito bites in spite of the deet. Guess I'll have to re-apply! The stream was pretty and the woods cools and peaceful.

No comments: