Thursday, May 04, 2006

Yikes, I'm reading a book!


(image from Mandarava.com, hope they don't mind)

Yup, it has been known to happen, I'm reading a book, "Kitchen Table Wisdom" by Rachel Naomi Remen, MD. One of her stories talks about the Dancing Shiva. The God is dancing on a little man who has his attention on a leaf in his hands. She explains that in this session she attended everyone wanted to know about the little man The man, is caught up in the material world, and is oblivious to the fact that a glorious God is dancing on his back.

This book was actually recommended by one of the shrinks at work, and appealed to because it is "Stories That Heal". For me the focus was in the word "stories" as in short, as in, may be read by someone sucked in at work and with short attention span.

The message I got from this story? "Must be present to win". I also got another candidate for my values bracelet. Possibility.

Well to change gears now, I was very happy to see Molly Ringwald on Medium on Monday. I was wondering where she went. Perhaps having a family and living life. I hope so. But it was great seeing her.

No comments: