Saturday, May 27, 2006

Running Wild, Review



Ya-soo stars Sang-woo Kwon, from My Tutor Friend and Ji-tae Yu from Oldboy. Yu is a very anal policeman trying to bring to justice a ganster who has become a political figure. Kwon is out to avenge his half brother who was gunned down by the same man's hitman. His mother is dying in a hospital. These two actors are very good, the fight scenes were pretty convincing, but somehow this movie did not grab me. I will rate it 2/5 acorns.

While watching this movie, I kept reflecting on the scenes on the golf course and at the driving range. I'm beginning to wonder if golf is connected somehow to the Korean underworld or is it just Seoul? (as many movies are filmed at Seoul Film Studio Complex, I guess that is the equivalent of Hollywood). I must confess, though, I don't really know if there IS a Korean underworld and if there is, what it is really like.


Now that all my shows have ended for the season, except for the NHK Taiga drama, Komyo ga Tsuji, I hope to get my movie going mojo back. There are X-men to see and Codes to figure out. I'm sure as summer grows hotter, I'll need to seek out the AC!

No comments: