Monday, May 01, 2006

Shadowless Sword, Review


Muyeong geom is a historical fiction action movie by director Young-jun Kim. He also directed Bichunmoo. I love these period movies because I learn a little bit of history which I was always bad at in Junior High. And, of course, although my grandfather is from Korea, I know almost nothing about Korean history, pre-Mash-time. Maybe it's time to research that branch of the family.
The problem I had with this movie was that the aerial antics of the fight scenes is way overdone, in my opinion. There were some cool moments, such as the exploding people ala Fist of North Star...the poignant pause before body parts spurt everywhere, and stone pillars crashing down. The costumes and scenary are beautiful. And, there is a story line that I could follow. I will rate this 2.5/5 acorns.

No comments: