Monday, January 02, 2006

King Kong, 2005, Review




I wasn't going to see this movie in the the theater since I know how it ends. But as things worked out the movie I went to see wasn't playing at the time I thought it was so it was karma that I see Kong. I will have to go back and watch my favorite pre-LOTR Peter Jackson movie Braindead or that other classic of his, Meet the Feebles. It was a good thing he "sold out" on the blockbusters as he has really raised the bar on them. Naomi Watts was wonderful as Ann Darrow. She is beauty with heart...funny, strong and talented as well as beautiful. No wonder she charms the beast. The Skull Island natives are scary. The fauna on the other side of the wall is great. The dinosaurs and bugs are way too real, especially the squishy ones.

I always thought Adrien Brody looked like Chris Johnson of the The Black Crowes.
But well...maybe not.



Anyway, I rate it 4/5 acorns. I enjoyed it very much!

No comments: