Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bah Humbug


I'm a grump this week. I gotta get out of this job. The clerical stuff added to my already overwhelming day is getting to me. Not only that, it is started to affect what I consider my real work...the Medicine. And, it is my weekend. I worked half day yesterday and I work 8 hours today. Bah, humbug.

On December 15 a "soft stop" was put in place to remind me to "associate" my orders and "esig" or electronically sign my notes. What that looks like is while I am trying to say, order a test for a patient to diagnose something, a pop up window shows up asking me if I want to associate or not and in order to go on I have to close the pop up. Sounds pretty easy until it gets mulitplied by a factor of 50 times or more/day. Not only that, but if there is only one diagnosis the popup window inquires, "there is ony one diagnosis do I want to assoicate the order with that one"...well, duh! Needless to say after 2.5 days of that I want to get a sledgehammer and beat the shit out that slow computer. Also the shortcut keys on two of my workstations do not work. I have called IT several times, the last time being very unsatisfying, but it really is just driving me crazy.

Not only that it is affected by crafting time and projects. My sock has had mistakes I've had to redo so many times, and I can't seem to get started or finish anything. Crafting is generally what keeps me sane. I'm hoping this rant will help.

On a high note, my son's Christmas present to me is humming along...a new video card and rebuilt computer with new case complete with carrying straps in case I want to take the thing to a lan party. Are there any games for the seriously motion sensitive?

And where is that Sony repair guy? My TV is broke and I'm missing the end of Yoshistune and Boston Legal. He better come before 24 starts or I'm buying a Panasonic.

No comments: