Monday, June 06, 2005

Anger

Sometime in my life I decided emotions such as shame and anger were bad and should always be suppressed and hidden. It's a wonder I haven't exploded yet, or maybe I have and just didn't notice it 'cuz I hid the explosion.

I hid those emotions under the Cheshire Cat smile, inscrutable (or is it un?) look, sarcasm, and snappy comebacks. No one could tell what I really felt or meant and neither could I.

The word of the month (my therapist has me pick a word out a bowl at the end of my session) was courage. Heart is a synonym of courage. The next bracelet will be about my values.

My values and irrational ideas will always be with me.

"Never give up, never surrender."... Commander Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

I just have to tuck that quote in, because I love it so.

No comments: